Monday, January 14, 2013

Babies, Teens and Eaglets Flying Lessons



FLYING LESSONS what on earth are you talking about Kimberly.  (Giggling) Well let me explain.  As I watch my young teens I can't help but see them growing and flourishing.  I have heard all the arguing of how Dennis and I should do this or teach them that.  Their growing up antisocial they need to go to public school or they need to spend the night here or there.  They need to gather around kids their own age or they need to hang around this group more.  Soo I look at the Word of God and I start praying as only a mommy can pray.  I start to hear my loving husband take them under his loving wings and tell our loving teens to be friendly to all girls and boys alike.  I see this man lead by example and just not talk.  Does this man really know what he's doing?  Yeah I think he does he is doing exactly what I've been doing P-R-A-Y-I-N-G and following God.  I have seen my young teen start to blossom into manhood (don't you dare tell Jacob I said that might go to his head) and a young ladyhood.  Am I scared?  Sorta cause I do know that while we are teaching them to fly they will leave our little nest one day, but you know if they have learned that God will always, always, always be in their corner then we have taught them what is truely important.  And I know they are always safe in His Loving Hands.  How am I so sure?  Cause that is who is teaching and keeping me and that man I love soo much safe and protected.  I have to admit I forget from time to time who is really in charge but that's when my best friend and buddy (hubby) puts his loving arms around me and says God will take care of it Kimberly. 

Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down and when thou risest up."

We are to always be pointing our children in the direction of God.  Our hearts should be pointed toward and following God.  Always teaching.  Always being the example.

Isaiah 40:29-31 "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall;  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Us people too many times don't want to wait.  We want to see the results and we want to see them like yesterday.  We forget that God doesn't care about time.  The young should have the right to grow at their own pace.  I don't mean they should be left to their own devises, but I do mean that we have to give their wings time to grow.  If you have ever seen mountain eagles when they are teaching their young to fly.  They don't just kick them from the nest.  It is a process.  One way they teach their young to fly is they will let the eaglet fall for a little while and then they will take turns swooping under the eaglet, catching it and let it ride on them for a little while and then let them fall again.  I have found in all this I too need to let God teach me to fly in prayer and bible reading, but that is another story.  I guess what I am trying to say is pray for your teens.  There is alot of temptation for them to fall into.  Teach your teens who they should run to in times of troubles.  Yes of course us the parents, but more importantly to God, they need to know how to talk to Him and pray to Him.  And most importantly give them time.

Strolling with the Father,
Kimberly

No comments:

Titus 2 Talk

Good afternoon ladies, I am going to be starting a video channel speaking to you about ladies things.  This has been on my h...